Thursday 30 April 2015

How to make your green eyes pop!

This one is for all the gorgeous green/hazel eyed girls out there! 


Making your eyes stand out and appear brighter is all about using the right colour eyeshadow and for green eyes that colour is red. I'm going to be talking you through how I used my new makeup geek eyeshadow pans to make my green eyes pop and also reviewing them at the same time! I know, how exciting...

So I've actually only recently purchased some makeup geek eyeshadow pans to start off my Z palette but I am seriously in love! Not only does it come in the cutest packaging ever but I even got a personal thank you note which I thought was lovely and it genuinely made my day, look!!!

 If you've not previously tried any makeup geek eye shadows and pigments then what are you doing with your life seriously... Jump on the band wagon! They are incredible. Not only that, compared to other makeup brands such as Mac they are just as pigmented and long lasting but almost half the price! Okay so you do have to take into consideration shipping overseas can up the price and sometimes you get custom fees but even all that on top it's a hell of alot cheaper and who doesn't love cheap makeup!?

Anyway it seems I've started waffling again, I can see this becoming an issue. I'm not really getting the hang of this blog thing... But the eyeshadows I used from makeup geek to create this stunning look are; vanilla bean, peach smoothie, cocoa bear and of course bitten! I'm sure bitten was carved by angels it's the most stunning eyeshadow I ever did see... You can decide for yourself anyway here is a picture of the pans used.



So I started off using a soft dome brush to sweep peach smoothie into my crease, this doesn't have to be perfect but of course don't take it up to the brow bone just play around with it abit. Then, using a pointed crease brush, darken the crease using cocoa bear and partially bring it down into the crease but remembering to blend it out so you remove any harsh lines. Then you can go in with a flat stiff brush and pack bitten all over your lid! You may need to apply 2 layers depending on how dark you want this. Then go back in with that blending brush, you want to blend cocoa bear and bitten together at the crease so it doesn't look messy. Once you have done this, you may have blended away too much bitten so if need be go back in with some more! Then last but not least, carefully go in with vanilla bean just under the brow bone and there you have yourself some gorgeous eye makeup! Oooh, and to top it off pop on a pair of your fave lashes, though this step is only optional of course. But who doesn't love a cute pair of falsies!?

Here is my finished look, I know it's not perfect but I am still learning, okay!? It doesn't help that my camera isn't great too, so I can use that as an excuse.



So there you have it! That's enough from me now, it would mean alot for you to comment, +1 or follow! Also if you didn't already know my instagram is Sarahmua_ if you want to follow that too, goodbye for now! X

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for following me on bloglovin.
    This is my first time to visit your blog, and I love it!
    I am not "too old" than u, I just started my blog a months before u:) Hope u enjoy blogging <3 cheers!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have green eyes and I've realised where I've been going wrong all this time now! The shade peach smoothie is so gorgeous also can I just point out how on point your eyebrows are!! xxx

    ReplyDelete