Monday 18 May 2015

Let's talk brushes!

Hello angels!


Wow it seems ages since I wrote my last post, I've been slacking! Though I hadn't got round to it get but I have just been dying to share with you the new brushes I have had delivered and also my new Mac Brush Cleanser.


Some of you may have mistaken the brushes on the left to be real technique brushes, although they look very similar in colour and size they aren't! I'm a student so I can't afford to be paying extortionate amounts of money on make-up brushes at the moment so I thought I would give these a go. I was having a little mooch around on Amazon at their brushes and stumbled upon these beauties! The whole set of face brushes on the left only cost me £7.49 including postage which you seriously can't argue with. They are just as good as the real techniques in my opinion. The only problem I did find was that on a few of them the bristles can fall out though it's not a major issue. They are so soft on your face and they apply make-up beautifully


Even more so, look at this comparison! Unreal, you can easily mistake these for real techniques so who needs to be paying around £8/£9 for this foundation brush alone when you can buy a whole set for less! I'm so glad I found these brushes.

As for the eye brushes on the right, I'm not as love struck with these as I am with the others though they are still brilliant. I mean, I paid £2.49 for this set which is an absolute bargain (again, from amazon)! They are incredibly soft on your eyes and are especially good for blending eye shadows. If you are poor like me and just need some decent brushes to tide you over until you can afford the branded ones I seriously recommend getting these! You can't moan at £2.49, can you? They even look pretty in your brush holder!

I also wanted to share with you how amazing my new Mac brush cleaner is! Oh my godddd, god sent. Seriously. Cleaning brushes is a woman's worst chore, right? Especially for me anyway. I'm such a lazy person, I hate cleaning my brushes, I put it off constantly until they are filthy and unusable! Shameful, I know :( But with this new brush cleanser it is soooo much easier to use and it gets them looking as good as new!


So this is what my new brush cleanser looks like, and isn't it just gorgeous?  I love how photogenic Mac products are!! So this cost me £11 from Mac which is arguably fairly expensive. Well, it is to me since I'm so used to buying drug store make-up but even I'd say this is worth it! I can tell it's going to last me a very long time since you only need to use a small amount of product. The way I use this is to fold a piece of paper towel in half and apply the brush cleanser, then dabbing the dirty brushes onto the paper towel and swirling it around until it is clean! As you can see from the mess I made, mine were fairly dirty...


Even if it did take me hours to clean them all it was so worth it! I never thought I would be able to get my brushes looking brand new again but I have. You can see how well it brings out every single eye-shadow colour and foundation from your brushes it's almost magical when you see how much comes out! 


And here are my beauties, all nice and clean! I feel like a proud mother. 

Anyway I should probably start some revision with it being exam season and all, so goodbye for now! Don't forget to +1, comment, subscribe or follow me on instagram at sarahmua_

Love you all x






4 comments:

  1. Such a great post and some really cool brushes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those brushes are identical! What a great find :)
    I need to get a decent brush cleaner (I agree it's the worst chore) so I might try out this mac one!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comparison between the fake brush and real brush was incredible. Haven't seen a post like this yet, very informative!

    The Gift of Gab | http://gabofgift.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete