Tuesday 5 January 2016

How to get the Kim K contour on a budget!

Hey my lovlies!

So today I want to talk to you about how you can get the Kim K contour for less than £5! Every girl loves having the chance to get all dolled up for a special occasion, getting dressed to the nines and of course having your cheeks chiselled to perfection like a contour queen. But how do I do that on a budget of £5 I hear you ask?

...Well here's a moment of truth, I own both the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kits in cream and powder which cost around £39 if I remember rightly and I prefer to use ordinary drug store concealers costing no more than £2/3 each, madness right!?

So the concealers I am aboslutely loving to contour with right now is the LA Girl pro conceal and I'm using these in natural to highlight and beautiful bronze to contour.


I do believe these are based in the US so if like me, you're not, this can be a pain but they are still easy enough to order from amazon/ebay or those sorts of places. 

Anyway, so these concealers are amazing to contour and highlight with because they are so creamy and so easy to blend out without making your face look to cakey. The dark concealer won't make your contour look muddy either which is sometimes a problem I find with cheap cream contours, These concealers even come with an applicator on the end so you don't even need to find a suitable brush to apply them with which is so handy. And who'd have thought it for £2!? Bargain

To blend these concealers out I just used a damp beauty blender (but you can use a brush too) and I then went over the contour using my sleek contour and highlight kit in light. I swear by this contour kit, and again, I prefer it to ABH which is crazy because its like 1/8th of the price! The highlight in the kit is incredible too, my favourite of all time. 

To do my under eye area I prefer to use the Maybelline age rewind concealer because it's a far lighter shade and it sits better under the eye and doesn't crease up at all. This is my favourite under eye concealer at the moment I'm loving it! You can pick it up for around £8 in most UK  drug stores and similarly to the LA Girl pro conceal it has an applicator on the end but this is a sponge making it so easy to blend out.

Now, I'm not afraid to admit I'm no contour queen as of yet, but practice makes perfect. Below you can roughly see the areas I have (attempted) to apply the contour and you can only slightly see where I have highlighted. If you can't see, I have highlighted my forehead, down the middle of my nose, under my eyes, my cupids bow, the chin area, and under the cheek contour to make it more dramatic. 


The before picture looks like a tragic mess, that's no lie. But I don't think the finished look is all that bad? Kind of? Anyway for only £5 who can complain!

That's all I wanted to show you guys! If you enjoyed reading don't forget to comment/follow/subscribe/+1. And check out my instagram - sarahmua_

No comments:

Post a Comment