Tuesday 5 July 2016

My Bedroom Tour

So I've recently been splashing the cash over at IKEA to redesign my bedroom. I'm in love with that place, like seriously! I walk around that shop and plan the layout of my future house and it gets me all giddy and excited for the future. Kinda cringe to say that but it's the truth! 

I wish I had taken before and after shots of my room because the transformation is incredible! But anyway, I didn't so I'll start off with my pride and joy; my vanity unit. This little beauty cost me around £130 and the stool was £20, I absolutely love it. The table has a glass top which means it's super easy to wipe any make-up off when I'm making a mess (which I do an awful lot). It also has a long draw underneath with smaller compartments that I use to put some of my eye-shadow pallets and things in. I can't fit it all in because my collection is rather large but it's definitely handy to put in my everyday makeup in. There are also two smaller drawers on top. The mirror is a good size so it's useful for checking out your outfit in too which is even better! I dressed the mirror up in lights from Primark which cost a couple a quid, they're nothing amazing but they look cute. I feel the mirror alone looked quite plain but I enjoy that about it. 



Next I wanted to talk about the wall storage unit I grabbed from IKEA too! I really love this, I think it's so nice and modern. The boxes come seperately and you can choose what colour fabric you would like. This unit can also be placed on the floor but I wanted it on my wall, its soooo useful as it gives you lots more floor space. I also got the artifical plant from IKEA to dress it up a little and some more fairy lights around the outside. 


I also picked up some fab wall decorations from Primark home and a couple from B&M. Both of these places are perfect for cute little vintage decor which is right up my street. The dressers either side of my vanity unit are also from IKEA and they are the perfect height against each other! The chest of drawers are very simple but that's what I love about them. They are very modern and fit in with my theme perfectly!


Now onto the other side of my room! This is the least favourite area of my room I must admit. The wardrobe is also from IKEA however I plan to invest in a new one. I do think it is cute and it fits in the little alcove perfectly but I'm not keen on the transparent windows. I feel like it makes the room look messy because you can see the clutteredness of my inside wardrobe. Is clutteredness even a word? Pretty sure I just made that up... Anway, I do however love my full length mirror!  This was only a couple of quid from B&M  and it means I can check myself out and make sure my outfit is on point. The cute vintage shoe rack you can see on the floor next to my wardrobe is also another purchase from B&M's vintage collection.  It definitely fits in nicely with my decor I do believe.


This shows the layout of the other wall a little more clearly. I've not got much to say about this if I'm honest. The small drawers have been in the family for years so god knows where they are from but I'm hoping to get rid soon! The little storage box on the floor was from home bargains and the lamp was again from B&M. You can tell my favourite places to shop, right? I definitely love a bargain me. Funny little story about that photo frame on my bedside table, I actually bought it from a 24hr ASDA when I was super drunk for 50p because I thought it was such a bargain and I wanted to put 4 of my selfies in there and hang it on my wall. Of course sober Sarah saw sense and didn't do that... But yeah. 


...And this is where the magic happens! I am going to be getting a double bed but I haven't found the perfect one yet. I think a single bed looks really silly in my room for some reason. I love the way my curtains match the boxes on my wall though, I find it super cute! I also want a new duvet colour because I think grey blends in too well with my wallpaper so I might have to get a white and black one or something along those lines. Oh and for anyone wondering, the wallpaper is from Homebase.


And last but by no means least...  I wanted to show you guys the latest addition to my bedroom! This cute little garment rack that I picked up from B&M also matches my shoe rack. So cute. I will be putting clothes on here in some form of order to make it fit in with my room better. I'm not sure if I'll be keeping it in the same place either, I think a rearrangement is in order!


But there you have it! My bedroom tour. There's definitely areas of improvement still, but I don't think I'll ever have it perfect. There will always be something new that I want! 

Let me know what you think in the comments below? Don't forget to follow and +1!
Check out my instagram - sarahmua_
X

No comments:

Post a Comment